Thursday, August 25, 2011

One week in the books

The first week went better than I expected.  Total lost for the week was 13 pounds; I weigh 331.  My expectation was around nine.  I'm feeling great and am excited to have found something that works for me and is relatively easy for me to follow.

Of the things that I said I would try, I've only made one of them so far and that was garlic chicken.  It was something I just put together and it turned out to be pretty good.  The leftovers were good as well.  It was chicken, garlic (freshly minced), green pepper, red pepper and onion cooked up in some butter.  Next time I'll try to find a recipe, as it didn't have much garlic flavor.  The crock pot chicken will probably be made on Monday and left to cook while I'm at work.

I have decided to make a slight modification to the diet to cut back on the fat a little bit to see how that works.  For the past, oh, I don't know how many years, I've made peanut butter toast for breakfast.  It was quick, easy and tasted good.  Being on this diet has kind of forced me to put on my cooking hat, but I don't like to put it on in the morning.  What this means is that I'm getting tired of eating scrambled eggs for breakfast.  I'll throw in a protein shake once in a while made with a whey isolate.  It came highly recommended from a friend of mine who has also been doing a lot of research on diets.  That and some frozen berries should be delicious way to start the day.  JUGGERNAUT!

I'm getting fairly pumped up for the football season to begin.  It is the HUSKERS first year in the Big 10 and expectations are high.  The start of the NFL season is also upon us.  Our fantasy league's draft is this weekend back in the town where I started my first college experience -- Maryville, MO.  We are having our draft at the sweet Palms.

Another side note, I got some new glasses today.  I've been battling eye infections over the past couple of years, so I dumped the contact lenses and decided to see if that has been the cause.  So far, so good.  I like my new specs.  They definitely give me a new look.  I'll see if I can get an updated picture on my blog before the weekend is out.

Speaking of the weekend, have a great one!

No comments:

Post a Comment