Thursday, September 8, 2011

Week 3 results

324.  This brings Paleo weight loss to 20 and overall weight loss since March to 42 pounds.  I recently looked back at my stats from March, and things have improved.

  • Blood pressure then 152/89; now 120/75
  • Fasting blood sugar then 135; now 85
I have a doctor's appointment tomorrow morning.  It will be interesting to see my blood work results.  I'm curious to know how my triglycerides are doing given my new diet.  My hope is that he takes me off the meds for that, but I'm trying not to get my hopes up too high.  Another significant change comes in my lower legs.  Three weeks ago, I had circulation issues.  Swelling around the ankels; pressing in my skin with my fingers on the lower parts of my calves would result in the indentation staying there for several seconds after removing my hands.  This is all gone.

On the down side, it was tremendously difficult to watch football Saturday.  I can't tell you the last Saturday during football season that I didn't have at least one beer.  On the upside, I wasn't in bed by 9 that day either, as has been the case in the past, so it was certainly more productive.

New things tried this week:  crock pot chicken, apple glazed pork loin, stuffed green peppers (minus the usual cheese and rice) and turkey on the grill.  Everything was very good.  I didn't get to the chicken pancakes -- stay tuned on that front.

Assuming that I receive the blood work results before the weekend, I'll probably make another entry letting you know the updated stats.

No comments:

Post a Comment